Monday, March 26, 2012

Kevin James on SXSW 2012

So SXSW is this big glamorous festival with a ton of people from all over the world and every genre of music you can imagine...which includes a lot of shows that require a LOT of walking. I bought some insoles for my boots but they didn't seem to work and I do not suggest hiking around Austin in boots for days in a row. They do have pedicabs and some Chevy free rides for advertisement but we really didn't take advantage of any of those.

We had early mornings and late nights, all filled with experiences I would never give up. I met people from all over the world and saw a countless number of shows, some of which were bands I already dug and some that I found a new liking for.

Of course Jack White infiltrated the party and brought the Third Man Rolling Record Store. I, along with a plethora of others, waited patiently to pick up some limited stuff.



One show I wanted to catch but I happened to have a mistake in the time/day was Miike Snow. My friend and I had a few drinks and apparently mixed up the days but we ended up waiting for a while to see Jimmy Cliff in a small club, which wasn't a bad thing :{D A few bands I saw and also stumbled across while hitting random shows and suggest you check out were Alberta Cross, Band of Skulls, Dinosaur Jr., Strand of Oaks, and Gardens & Villa.

Alberta Cross

If you've never ventured down to the Lone Star state's capitol I would say it'd be a good idea to make the trek and experience this awesome city. "Keep Austin Weird" is their slogan for a reason...




Cheers!

Kevin James


No comments:

Post a Comment